- This event has passed.
Strategy Workshop – Marine for Health
12. November 2020 @ 10:00 - 15:00
Strategy Workshop – Marine for Health
When: 12. November 10.00-15.00 & 10. December 10.00-14.00
Sign up here
Day 1: 12. November 10.00-15.00
● Business strategy: How to build a solid business plan for more regulatory complex markets
● Sparring with international and national investors and experts with experience from health, marine, nutraceuticals and regulatory strategy
1. General introduction Wenche Uksnøy, CEO, NCE Blue Legasea & Hanne Mette Kristensen, CEO, The Life Science Cluster
2. Nora Frey, Venture Partner, Seventure:
The investor’s view: Strategic business planning of nutraceutical and pharmaceutical product development
3. Aitana Peire, Investment Manager, Canica:
The investor’s view of a business case: Value drivers
4. Annbjørg Eide Falck, Head of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Affairs, Zelluna:
The company’s strategic view on the regulatory development plans
5. Workshop, EGGS Design: Strategic planning: How to use insights from the first part of the programme to bring your company’s business plan and investor presentation to the next level
Day 2: 10. December 10.00-14.00
● Market strategy: Market understanding, market analytics, current and future competition.
1. Emilie Lasson, North Sea Therapeutics: Market strategy – do we build on the right assumptions? Get insight into available tools and databases, target product profile, current and future competitor analysis, ROI caluclations and product portfolio strategy.
Workshop, EGGS Design: Based on the companies’ business plan and input in Workshop 1, the focus will be on how to make a strategic storytelling business-pitch. We will work on the buildling blocks to ensure a convincing pitch.
Between Day 1 and 2 or after Day 2: Present your business plan to a targeted investor/expert panel, get personal feedback.
Do you have a marine based product, and plan introduction into new product types, or new regulatory or geographical markets? How will this affect your go-to-market strategy and overall development plan?
Regulatory requirements are often high, but what about competition, cost and expected return on investment? How can you understand the playing field in a new market, and what will new types of investors expect to see in your business case? What are the bottlenecks or limitations? How can you maximize chances of success in a market with higher cost, long development times and higher risk?
Find out how to navigate these and other key points at
The Life Science Cluster and Blue Legasea’s strategy workshop.
Areas can include, but are not limited to:
Materials from new species, nutraceuticals moving to pharmaceuticals, developing rest materials to new valuable products, and more.
Who can participate?
Participating companies will ideally have interests in one or more of these fields: marine biological materials, nutraceutical industry, pharmaceutical industry
Participants should be inspired to identify, describe, and share knowledge about future opportunities to build new health industry products from the ocean.
You do not have to share confidential information, and can choose to ues your own project or follow others.
Target participant: CEO, CFO, CBO, COO, CSO, innovation functions, market functions & new employees in organizations
Ambitions for the workshop:
– Work in the “sweet spot” between new commercial opportunities, market considerations and a complex regulatory landscape.
– Support participating companies in making better choices while navigating their route to commercialisation.
– Provide mentoring with experts and investors with experience from similar business cases.
– Reduce uncertainty and improve decision making – reduce unnecessary costs.
Dr. Nora Frey, Venture Partner, Seventure: Nora brings more than 23 years of professional experience in healthcare research, investment, management and business development. She co-founded several companies and has assumed board- and chairman-ship roles over the years of companies in different sectors including biotech, nutrition and financial/investment. LINKEDIN
Aitana Peire, Investment Manager, Canica: Aitana came to Canica in 2019 to manage the Future of Health portfolio. Before that, she worked at various roles that involved buy-side and sell-side valuation of life science assets and companies, including at Venture Valuation and Kepler-Chevreux. LINKEDIN
Annbjørg Eide Falck, Head of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Affairs, Zelluna: Broad experience from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, spanning from smaller biotech companies to big pharma and pharmacy management. LINKEDIN
Emilie Lasson, Senior Vice President, North Sea Therapeutics: Emilie has experience from Market analysis from BASF Pronova, and from Business Development in Genetic Analysis. LINKEDIN
Hilde Steineger, COO, North Sea Therapeutics : Previously Head of Strategic Innovation Management, Nutrition and Health, BASF/Pronova. LINKEDIN